EditLive! allows you to insert specific multimedia objects into your content.
Displaying the Multimedia Insertion Dialog
The Insert Object... menu item can be located under the Insert menu.
Using the Multimedia Insertion Dialog
The Multimedia Insertion Dialog allows you to perform the following functions:
Select the multimedia object type (as shown by the drop-down list displayed at the top of the dialog)The list of available multimedia object types is configured by your Systems Administrator.
- Source Tab - Select the location of the multimedia object you wish to insert
- Properties Tab - Display properties for the multimedia object
- Parameters Tab - Additional information to specify for the object when it appears in a HTML document.
- Advanced Tab - Information relating the the HTML tag that will generate the multimedia object.
Local File Option
Clicking the Browse button will launch the standard browse dialog used by your machine. You can use this dialog to search your local machine or network for the desired multimedia object.
Local objects will be uploaded to a server location to allow any user to view the object. For more information see your Systems Administrator.
Browse Server Option
You will only be able to browse a server location for objects if this functionality has been implemented by your Systems Administrator.
You can use theimage to show all the available directories at the server location. Once selecting your desired directory you can then click any object listed.
- Specify width / height - checking either of these boxes allows you to then specify the width or height the multimedia object will occupy in the HTML document.
- Border Size - size, in pixels, of the border surrounding the multimedia object
- Alignment - the location in the HTML document where the multimedia object will render.
- Alternate HTML - the text that will display if the object is unable to render.
Here you can specify name - value pairs of additional information to be coupled with your multimedia object.
Press the Add button to add a blank name - value pair. Select any name - value pair and press Remove to delete the pair.
The advanced tab is used to specify the HTML attributes for the object when it's embedded in a HTML document
Editing a Multimedia Object's Properties
After inserting a multimedia object, you can adjust the object's properties by double-clicking theplaceholder. This will display the Multimedia Insertion dialog again with all the values set for your multimedia object.
You can also change the size of the multimedia object without having to use the Multimedia Object dialog. Selecting theobject placeholder will cause the image border to flash and nine black boxes to appear. These boxes represent the horizontal, vertical and diagonal sizing vertices.
You click and hold your mouse button to drag these vertices and increase the size of the object.