Plugins are defined using the Plugin XML specifications. Plugin XML tells the editor meta information such as:
- The location of the plugin code.
- Changes to the menus in the editor to allow the user to utilize new functionality provided in the plugin.
- Definitions on when the plugin should be loaded.
To create an EditLive! plugin, you need to perform the following steps:
- Create Plugin XML to reference the functionality you created in step 1.
- If required, create menu items in the Plugin XML to allow users to enable and utilize the functionality in your plugin.
This SDK provides two detailed tutorials on how to create plugins for use with EditLive!:
EditLive! loads plugins by registering Plugin XML with the editor. Plugin XML can be registered with the editor via the following methods: