EditLive! allows you to insert rich media from social media and cloud-based media services along with your own video and audio into your content.
Displaying the Media Insertion Dialog
There are 2 basic methods for displaying EditLive!'s media insertion dialog:
- Toolbar Buttons
- Menu Items
Thetoolbar button opens the Media Insertion dialog.
Using the Media Insertion Dialog
The Media Insertion Dialog allows you to insert media in 4 ways:
- Media Service
- Embedded Code
- Hosted Video
- Hosted Audio
Media Services allows the inclusion of content from YouTube, SlideShare, Instagram, Google Maps and over 200 other social media services.
- URL - Location of the Media Service content
- Specify Size - Checking this box allows the width and height for the media to be adjusted.
- Width - Width (in pixels) of the media
- Height - Height (in pixels) of the media
- Keep Aspect Ratio - Checking this box ensures the width-to-height ratio will always remain the same.
- Alignment - Location of the embedded multimedia on the page.
- Preview - A preview of the content supplied by the service.
If the oEmbed content is a video a placeholder image thumbnail will be displayed as specified by the Media Service provider.
Embedded Code allows the insertion of HTML code, for example and iFrame containing a website.
Video allows the insertion of hosted video content into the editor.
- URL - Location of the Video file
- Type - Type of the video file.
There are 3 video types supported
Additional versions of the video can be inserted using thebutton. Versions can be removed using the button beside the desired version.
Poster - Location of the image to display for this video before being played in the browser.If no image is specified, theplaceholder image will appear in the editor
- Width - Width (in pixels) of the video
- Height - Height (in pixels) of the video
- Alignment - Location of the video in the page
- Controls Enabled - Checking this box will display playback controls for the video in the browser.
- Fallback HTML - HTML of the content to display if the browser doesn't support the HTML 5 video tag.
Audio allows the insertion of hosted audio content into the editor.
- URL - Location of the audio file
- Type - Type of the audio file.
There are 3 audio types supported
Additional versions of the audio can be inserted using thebutton. Versions can be removed using the button beside the desired version.
- Alignment - Location of the audio in the page
- Fallback HTML - HTML of the content to display if the browser doesn't support the HTML 5 audio tag.
Editing a Media Properties
After inserting multimedia, you can adjust the media's properties by double-clicking the placeholder. This will display the Media Insertion dialog for the particular media type with all the values set for the media.