IBM OEM Support
Please note: If you have obtained EditLive for IBM WCM directly from IBM you will need to lodge support requests exclusively with IBM and not Ephox. This will ensure your issues are addressed in the most expedient fashion and that you only need to work with one vendor.
- IBM Web Content Management 7+
- IBM Web Content Management 6.1+
- IBM Web Content Management 6.1
- Specifying Configurations in IBM WCM
- Licensing EditLive IBM WCM
- Troubleshooting in IBM WCM
- Uninstalling the IBM WCM Integration
This integration is a coupling of Ephox client-side content authoring software with the IBM Web Content Management (WCM) architecture. This integration allows current designers and users of the WCM environment to enjoy an intuitive and comprehensive interface for entering rich text into their content.
This integration is compatible with IBM Websphere 6.1 and above.
This document serves as a comprehensive knowledge base for all information related to the integration between Ephox EditLive! and the IBM WCM architecture. There is detailed information throughout this document on the purpose and basic structure of this integration and step-by-step instructions to install this integration. For more information on EditLive!, see theEditLive! Developers Guide on the Ephox website.
The goal of this integration is to provide greater content creation and editing abilities to users and designers of the WCM environment. On completion of this integration, WCM users will be able to access the content of a Rich Text field through a single interface that provides support for the following rich text elements:
- Tables - specify rows, columns, horizontal and vertical alignment, cell spacing, and padding.
- Spell Checking - EditLive! comes packaged with 13 different language dictionaries.
- Specified CSS Rendering - Developers can specify the CSS to load into EditLive!, to ensure all content is created in a true wysiwyg environment.
- W3C and Section 508 Accessibility Checking - Users can check their content with the EditLive! accessibility tool to ensure compliance with a variety of accessibilty standards.
When integrated into the WCM architecture, EditLive! enables different configurations of the rich text editor to be used depending on the current user's access permissions. This allows each user involved in a document's work flow to only use the functionality permitted in EditLive!.
Each time EditLive! is loaded, it requires a reference to an EditLive! configuration file. This file is responsible for specifying a variety of visual and functional components of the EditLive! editor. For more information on creating a configuration file for EditLive!, see the EditLive! Developer Guide packaged with this integration.
An example would be an WCM instance used by a newspaper publishing organization. Users belonging to the Journalist user group may only be able to use rich text styles and hyperlinks. Editor users won't need to create hyperlinks, but would need rich text displays, such as color, to create changes and comments that stand out to Journalists. Designer users would require the image insertion and tables functionalities, but won't need dictionaries or hyperlinks enabled.
Information on how to set up role-based configuration of EditLive! can be found in the Specifying EditLive! Configurations section of this documentation. An example on how to customize EditLive! based on user and/or user group is also available in the ephox.config.properties.sample file (located in res/editlivejava).